Friday, January 30, 2015

Ben Carson

·       Born in the slums of Detroit, in deep poverty

·       His mother and father divorced
·       His mother came from a family of 24 children
·       His mother couldn’t read
·       His mother raised ben and his brother, Curtis
·       Ben was the worst student in his grade class school
·       Ben becomes top student in his school
·       Ben becomes a world renowned doctor


“I hated poverty. Poverty is more of a choice than anything else, and I can change that (poverty). It depends upon how hard I want to work, and I decided that I would change it.” – Dr. Ben Carson

This quote means that’s you can get out of poverty if you work  hard for it and want it. If you are lazy and don’t want to do anything about it then you will stay poor. Being poor is a choice because there are many opportunities out there for someone that is willing to get out of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment