Thursday, November 20, 2014


Thanksgiving was a day when Plymouth colonists and Wampanoag Indians shared an autumn harvest feast in 1961, which today is known as the first Thanksgiving celebrations. In England thanksgiving was more of a religious event where puritans would pray, fast, and give thanks to god.  In 1777 the congress declared that all the 13 colonies celebrate a national day of thanksgiving every year in celebration of the victory towards the British. In 1863 president Abraham Lincoln declared the last Thursday of November national thanksgiving day. Thanksgiving brings loved ones together.  
Things I am thankful for:
1.           The life I have.
2.         Meeting so many wonderful people this past year
3.         For having the strength to let go of things that was keeping me in the past
4.        My family
5.        My health
6.        Giving me so many amazing opportunities
7.        For everything I own
8.        Being able to speak out and confront my fears
9.         for all the help I've had when I was down
10. For my friends who even though we fight we are still there for each other
11.    For finding someone who is worth everything
12.  for meeting an amazing family who takes me in as one of their own



No comments:

Post a Comment