Thursday, September 11, 2014

911 Memorial 
9/11 was the day the twin towers were struck by terrorist. At around 8:46 am or so the first plane hit the north tower. At around 9:03am or so the south tower was struck by a second plane. People were in a panic. They did not know what was going on and were afraid.  The south tower only last 56 min. before collapsing. When the towers feel thousands of people were dead. Both towers debrief was about 10 stories high. It took 9 months for the debrief to be cleaned up and for search parties to find the remains of others that had not been found yet. Many firemen and officers were stuck in the tower trying to save people and get them out. About 78 officers were dead which meant about 200 firemen had died. These men and women lost their lives trying to save someone else’s life. When 9/11 occurred I was in the 2nd grade. I did not understand what was happening. I was school during this time and they had rallied us up outside and told us to give a moment of silence for those that had been lost. It wasn’t till I reached the 4th grade that I understood why that day was so important.

This was a really tragic day. Whenever I look back at this day and watch documentaries on it, it brings me the chills. I can’t imagine how it would have felt to lose your loved ones in an event like this. I would love to go visit the memorial that the made for the towers someday. Many people lost their lives trying to save someone else’s life. Every year on 9/11 I do more and more research on this event. It is really interesting to me. It’s something that brought many Americans together. Now I understand why back when I was in the 2nd grade we had a moment of silence. So how about you take a minute and silence yourself and reflect on this day. Maybe even a little prayer for those that have lost someone in the event. 

No comments:

Post a Comment