Tuesday, May 5, 2015

“When a deep injury is done to us, we never recover until we forgive.”

Alan Paton
Forgive: To stop feeling angry or resentful toward someone for an offense, flaw, or mistake

This quote means that your only way to healing when someone has injured you deeply is to forgive them. There is no other cure than that. For example, I have had someone really close to me do me some great harm. I never thought that he would have done something like that to me. I was hurting for a while. I thought I could get over it but I didn't. Every day I was reminded of what happened and had anger towards him. I thought that by being angry and disappointed in him I would feel better but I didn't. I didn't know that I was also hurting myself. It took me a while to figure out that the only way I could cure myself is to forgive him. I forgave him and I was no longer hurting. Yes the memories are still there but what is most important is that we moved on from that and I forgave him. Forgiveness can cure your deepest injuries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment