Wednesday, December 17, 2014

IDP Summary
            The people in my group were Josue Arrivillaga, Victoria Salazar, Jose Jimenez, and Jamie Gonzales. Our topic was birth control.  From the beginning knew that two of the people in my group were going to be trouble. I don’t want to point them out because I am not like that. They never showed up. This project was really stressful especially for me. Everything was basically on my shoulders. I had to do most of the project on my own along with another person in my group because no one was helping me out.  He and I spent restless nights working on the project. We searched and searched on our topic but at times it seemed like we couldn’t find anything. We had to change our position on the policy 3 times. That was really stressful. We kept asking for feedback from many teachers and each teacher would tell us that the other way would be easier on us. So we decided on changing it. We ended up going for it. Another person from our group member decided to help out. Her participation on working on the project really relieved us from some stress.

            The power point was a little difficult because we needed everyone’s part which we never received, so it was up to me and my partner to take matters into our own hands.  We spent almost 2 weeks working on the PowerPoint, which came out really good. 3 days before presenting 1 other person from our group decided to show up. This changed everything for us. We had everyone’s role done, knew who was going to say what slide and what they were going to say. Now that he had deceived 2 days before to come back really took us out of surprised. My stress meter had surpassed the roof. He had to know everything from the beginning. We spent a whole day trying to explain everything to him which didn’t work. He just didn’t understand. We explained it as simple as possible. He was just not paying attention. We had no choice but to give him a role. I knew that he wasn’t going to do well which really frustrated me. I had worked my but off for a month and for him to mess it up was not on my list.


            The day of to present had come and we were all a nervous wreck. We rehearsed our parts over and over until we memorized it. We didn’t present until 6:30pm. So that gave us enough time. When they called our group in I thought that I was going to faint. My mother was running late and I didn’t know if she was going to make on time or not. She walked in just in time. We went in and started our presentation. It started off a little rough because that guy that came in at the last minute messed up. The rest of my group did really well and we were able to answer any questions people had. After it was over, I was relieved I thought that I was going to cry cause we did really good. All my hard work had paid off… Hopefully. I don’t know my score yet but I hope to know what my group got soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment